8-year-old Australian boy dies at a resort in Fiji from suspected electrocution

While on vacation in Fiji, an eight-year-old Australian kid is believed to have died from electrocution.

The child was living with his parents at the Club Wyndham Denarau Island Resort on the west coast of Fiji’s main island. His family has recognized him as Cairo Winitana from Sydney.

He was discovered last Thursday, according to Fiji police, lying “motionless” close to a hotel flower garden.

Despite being transported to a hospital in the adjacent city of Nadi, he was unable to be revived.

The infant was apparently electrocuted, according to preliminary information, but the post-mortem will need to corroborate that, according to Fijian police.

They also said that although the youngster lived in Australia, he was a citizen of New Zealand. The family is receiving aid from New Zealand’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, a spokesman said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *